09 April, 2007

Pet ducks...who does that?

I heard a story today that almost made me pee my pants. Over the weekend, someone in Beijing purchased some pet ducks (I think for their kid). First off, who does that? Maybe farmers, but not people who live in a city, right? I do recall a Friend's episode when Joey had a pet duck.

Anyway, as the story goes, this person purchased two ducks, put them in the trunk of the car and proceeded home. I assume maybe this person was excited to break out the ducks and present them to the child...or maybe, just excited to get home and have some dinner. Well, the ducks remained in the trunk of the car, probably just chatting away to each other...all night. Yes, they remained in the trunk of the car through the night and into the morning. Did this person recall the purchase from the previous day? Nope.

Have you ever been driving down the road and hear a sound coming from your car? Usually the sound is a flat tire, something you ran over, etc... how about quacking? I guess this person couldn't hear the quacking, until he arrived at work in the morning. They weren't dead! Could you imagine the "duh, you dumb ass" feeling you would get if you did this? I guess someone or some ducks could probably survive in a trunk for at least a couple days. And hey, if one of the ducks dies, the other one could snack on it. Beijing Duck!

So, what would you do? Turn around and take them home? Let them go? Give them to one of the cleaning people or parking attendants? Nah, let's ask someone else if they can take care of the problem for you....

"Hey, would you mind putting a couple ducks in your car and taking them home for me?" " Sure, no problem, I love duck poop. "

Well, that didn't work either. So, now, these ducks are just chilling out in the parking garage, making a mess of this person's trunk. Probably time for a trade in.

Moral of the story...don't buy pet ducks.

No comments: